Classic Banana Bread

            

            After I baked Low fat Banana Muffins for my hubby's breakfast, he really started liking the idea of a 'quick' breakfast. He wants me to bake them and have them stored so he doesn't have to mix cereal and milk in a bowl....I don't mind as well because I can sleep with my daughter for a loooooonnngggg time ;).



           This time I did not have my paper liner's in stock so I baked banana bread with no compromises on butter and other ingredients. Fill them in a muffin pan with liners, then your classic banana muffins are ready too...Choice is our's.



           This version was more tasty, creamy and sweet. One thick slice with a cup of coffee was quite filling. I cant wait to try them in small muffin molds so that they are more easy and handy. We can store them for a week(I did this) in an air tight container. The outer crust might be a bit hard but it gets soft after cooling down. You will sure love them for a snack.


Ingredients:

Wet Ingredients:
Banana - 4 no's (over ripe)
Butter - 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup or 1 stick - in room temperature)
Egg - 2 no's (in room temperature)
Milk - 1/8 cup
Vanilla Extract / Almond Extract - 1 teaspoon

Dry Ingredients:
All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Baking Powder - 1 teaspoon
Salt - 1/4 teaspoon
Raisins or mixed nuts- 2 tablespoons (to decorate but if you wish to mix with batter then use 1/2 cup)


Method:
  • In a bowl add all the dry ingredients(except raisins or nuts) and mix well.


  • In another bowl beat egg with vanilla extract. Add butter (Melted and cooled is also accepted) and mix well.


  • Mash the banana's and mix the egg mixture into it.


  • Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients bowl and mix. Add milk and bring everything together(if you prefer to add nuts/raisins to the batter then this is the time).


  • Grease and flour your loaf pan and add the batter into it and pat the sides to get it set. Remember to fill only 3/4th of your baking pan(I did a mistake here by filling fully) so that bread raises up very well and remains soft. Spread raisins or nuts on top.


  • Pre-heat oven to 350'F for 5 minutes and place the loaf pan in the middle and bake for 60-65 minutes or until the wooden toothpick comes out clean(it took 65 minutes exactly for me).


  • Remove and cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes and then move to cooling rack.


  • Slice and serve for your breakfast or teatime :).