Butter Chicken Recipe / Indian Butter Chicken Masala




         One rich and creamy curry that sides well with rice or bread. The first time I made this after watching Vahchef cooking video was 6 years ago, thank you chef. As days passed I made my own alterations and everyone loves this recipe at home. My dad was impressed as it tasted restaurant style. After marriage my hubby also loves this, so the fan list builds on..



This time we gave a surprise party for my friend Pradhi's birthday and I cooked this to side with Vegetable Pulav which resulted in adding this combo to my Family Friends' Favorite list. She kept asking me why I did not take any pictures for posting this on the blog...Here Pradhi, am posting this now, well I'm sure this will remind me of your Birthday bash every time :)



Ingredients:
Chicken - 400 Grams (Boneless)
Onion - 2 heeped cups or 2 large onions (Finely chopped)
Tomato - 1 Medium sized (Pureed)
Tomato Ketchup - 1 tablespoon
Butter - 1 tablespoon
Olive oil / Oil - 1 tablespoon
Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Milk - 2/3 cup (I used whole milk)
Water - 1/4 cup
Cashew nut - 8 whole (soak in 2 tablespoon hot water and grind to paste)
Coriander powder - 2-1/2 teaspoons
Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
Turmeric powder - 1/4 teaspoon
Salt - as needed
Coriander leaves - 1 hand full(Finely chopped)





Method:
  • Take a heavy bottom pan, Heat oil first, add butter(helps to avoid burning of butter). Add onions with salt and fry until they are golden brown.


  • Add Ginger Garlic paste, Turmeric, Chilli and Coriander powder. Saute until oil oozes. Now add Tomato puree, Tomato ketchup and saute until raw smell goes off.


  • Now add chicken, water and stir well. Remove from fire and add milk (to avoid curdling). Keep back on fire, close the pan and cook chicken until they are tender soft. Do this process on medium low flame and stir well in between.


  • When the chicken is done, check for salt. Add Cashew paste and Garam masala and stir well. just let it sit on sim/low fire for 2 minutes, switch off. Add chopped coriander and stir well before serving.



    My Notes:
    •  Tandoori chicken is used in this gravy traditionally. so we can also stir fry chicken before adding to the gravy.
    • Cream (about 2 tablespoon) can be substituted for cashew paste.
    • Kasoori methi is used to flavor this curry, so add some while adding chicken if you love the flavor.