Pepper Prawn / Pepper Shrimp / Pepper Shrimp Masala





      Neither me nor my hubby were not prawn fans but nowadays we started loving it. This is the second time am cooking prawn and I am in love with the flavour and taste of prawn in gravy. What a wonderful seafood that creates magic.





              I tried prawn for the first time literally like thokku but could not capture as that was my first try. This time I am going for Pepper and cooking almost the same way I cook my Mushroom chicken.



         This is also specially cooked for my friend Pradheepa Chinnaraj who loves seafood like anything. When we go for a buffet, I see only seafood in her plate... So Pepper prawn toast to my seafood crazy girlfriend.


Ingredients:

Prawn - 250 grams or 20 prawns(i used frozen prawn)
Onion - 2 cups
Tomato - 1/2 cup
Ginger garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
Green chilli - 2 no's
Coriander powder - 1-1/4 teaspoon
Pepper powder - 2-1/4 teaspoon
Curry leaves - 10 leaves
Cloves - 3 no's
Cinnamon stick - 1 inch sized
Oil - 4 tablespoons
Water - 1/4 cup
Salt - as needed
 
Method:
  • Heat oil and add curry leaves, cinnamon and cloves. Add onion and saute until they are golden brown.


  • Add Green chilli, Ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute. Add tomatoes and cook until they are soft.


  • Now add prawns and saute for 5 minutes. Add Salt, Coriander and Pepper powder and cook for 5 minutes. 


  • Add water and close cook for 5 to 7 minutes or till oil floats on top.


  • Super Spicy Pepper prawn is ready to serve.