Chaas / Mahi - North Indian Style Buttermilk

         

 

          When its summer this is one compulsory drink packed in all my friends' lunch bag. I get a share from my best friend everyday. Why I call this North Indian Style buttermilk is because its completely different from the way its prepared in South India. 




       We add Green chilli, Coriander leaves, Mint leaves, Curry leaves, Ginger and also temper with mustard and Red chilli. The butter milk is also watery when compared to Chaas. Chaas is simply yummy that you will die to drink more and more.




Ingredients:       (Serving : 2)

Homemade Curd - 2/3 cup
Cold Water - 1/2 cup
Cumin Powder - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - a Pinch or as needed


Method:

  • Take a Blender / Mixer and add all ingredients into it. Run it for 30 seconds on speed 1.
  • Else we can take a cup and beat all the ingredients together with a wooden hand whipper till they foam up.

        
                I always end up eating in the restaurant Rajdhani when I want to visit Ampa Sky Walk. But this time during my vacation I didn't find the time. They serve delicious Thali (Food platter) with Chaas. I am so crazy that I end up filling my tummy drinking. This is really good for digestion. It tastes good when its thick almost like lassi's consistency.


My empty glass also tempts me ;)