Lemon Cheesecake (Limonlu Peykek)






















As much as I love cheesecakes, I cannot make a cheesecake crust. I tried many times, but for some reason it doesn't work. Yet it didn't stop me from making cheesecakes; I buy the crust.

This is a very light and refreshing cheesecake recipe, perfect for summer time.

9 inch cheesecake crust

16 oz (app. 225 gr.) cream cheese (I used 1/3 less fat cream cheese)
2 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 tbsp lemon zest (app. zest of 1 lemon)
1/4 cup lemon juice

-Leave cream cheese out in room temperature for at least an hour.
-Mix cream cheese with a mixer for at least 2 minutes until softened.
-Add sugar, mix for another minute.
-Add eggs one at a time.
-Then add lemon zest and juice, mix for another minute.
-Pour the mix into the crust.
-Bake at 350F for 30-35 minutes.
-Let it cool completely on a wire rack. Cover an chill for at least 8 hours.
-Serve with Nolan's delicious chocolate sauce.

This recipe is for YE#24 Recipes with Lemon hosted at Limon Cicegi.