Experimental Soybean #1 (Soya Fasülyesi)
















This was the first time I cooked soybeans. I wasn't sure how they tasted, and so didn't know how to cook them. I liked the result of this experiment, but after I tasted them I kind of think that soybeans would be better in a salad with fresh greens, green onions, herbes, sumack, and vinegar.

2 cups of dry soy beans (soaked or cooked until soft)
1/2 cup olive oile
1 big onion, chopped finely
2-3 cloves of garlic, sliced
3 green peppers, chopped
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp turmeric
1/4 tsp sugar
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp dry or fresh mint
salt
2/3 cup hot water
dill

-Cook onions and garlic with olive oil in a pot for a couple of minutes
-Add peppers, black pepper (or/and crushed pepper), turmneric, and cumin, and stir until peppers are cooked
-Add soybeans and stir fow 2-3 minutes
-Add salt, sugar, and water
-Cook on low-medium heat for 30 minutes.
-Garnish with dill

If we had green onions at home, I would definitely add half bunch chopped green onions to regular ones.