About

I am a Turkish food enthusiast. I was born and raised in Turkey, and now I’m living in the States.

Almost Turkish Recipes started out as a way of writing down my Turkish recipes upon my friends Jen and Nolan’s request, because they were moving away. Although I didn’t like the idea of measuring everything while cooking, soon it became a relaxing habit, ‘thanks’ to my Ph.D. qualification exams.

On this site you will find almost and traditionally Turkish recipes, as well as those that were inspired by Turkish cuisine. If it is an authentic Turkish recipe, it will be marked by the letter T when you’re browsing recipes. If it’s an almost Turkish recipe, you will find the instruction in the post on how to make it a traditional one, or if it's an inspired recipe I will be telling you in what ways.

All recipes on Almost Turkish Recipes are made, tasted, and photographed by me, unless stated otherwise.

For questions, comments, criticism, and recipe requests leave a comment or e-mail me at

almostturkish(at)gmail(dot)com

Burcu